🧠 Second Brain
Or also called flow. Introduced in the book Deep Work - by Cal Newport.
TODO: Definiton of flow/deep work.
# How I get into Deep Work (Flow)
- Journal before going to bed what 1-2 tasks you must/want to achieve tomorrow.
- Go to bed early (at night, you usually don’t achieve much anyhow)
- Have a good sleep
- Get up before the kids :) (don’t turn on the phone).
- Make your bed.
- Later take a walk in nature after lunch.
- Change environment/room if stuck.
Books: Everything from Cal Newport.
- Clear some time in your calendar.
- Get rid of any distractions: Turn off notifications, close Slack, and put your phone out of reach.
- Clear your space and your mind. Put on concentration music, and get rid of any clutter around.
- Get to work on a specific task, taking periodic short breaks.
- Deeper: Acknowledge your fears Andrew Thomas in The Ideas of Choices
- Two Minutes Rules to do it for at least two minutes
- Meditation or doing nothing for 5 minutes
Flow state can be an incredibly productive (and enjoyable) mindset - Matthew Darwin on LinkedIn
Tags: #🗃/🌻 #publish