🧠 Second Brain
As with Creativity vs Productivity, I try to embrace the block and do some creative work instead. Writing is supposed to be hard. If you go on and get over the first 10 minutes (Ultradian Rhythm), you will get into the flow and Deep Work again.
What else can we learn from writer’s block? Have clear Strategy and Goals which brings you clarity and instead of adding, subtract (Subtract Derek Sivers) first.
# Strategies to unblock
There is no talking block, only writer’s block. Jonny Miller
Interestingly as if we change Medium, we can unblock it:
- Talk a walk in nature
- Listen to the same playlist over and over again, or use Focus@Will
- Change between Visual (draw a MindMap, Obsidian Canvas, Draw ExaliDraw, Talk)
- Go forth and back the pendulum with Creativity vs Productivity
- Try to get into the same habit when writing (same place, same music, etc.), your brain will know its need to write before you even start. The Pre–Game Routine can help as well.
- Journaling for a while (see 📓 Daily Note Template)
- These are also similar to Deep Work and How I get into Deep Work (Deep Work)
Great read on the very topic: If You Have Writer’s Block, Maybe You Should Stop Lying.
# Other resources I found helpful
Lots to learn also on Four Thousand Weeks, Time Management for Mortals - Oliver Burkeman and discussion in the podcast with Four Thousand Weeks, Time Management for Mortals - Oliver Burkeman.
Origin: What is Time
Tags: #🗃/🌻 #publish