🧠 Second Brain
Writing Handbook by Julian Shapiro
- Author: julian.com
- Full Title: Writing Handbook by Julian Shapiro
- Category: #articles #publish
- URL: https://www.julian.com/guide/write/intro
- Why write nonfiction? This handbook helps you write nonfiction books and blogs for three reasons: 1 Gain leverage
- Writing is one of the most radical things you can do without money. Skilled writers change the world from their couch.
- Clarity of thought
- When you write, your brain can’t stop itself from drawing connections between ideas—and exploring their implications. This shines a light on broken logic, which helps you gain clarity of thought. Writing is the act of thinking clearly with the help of paper. Writing slows down your thinking so you can play with your ideas. 3 Human connection The most efficient way to meet interesting people is to become someone they already want to meet. If you do interesting things then write about them publicly with an authentic voice, like-minded people want to meet the person behind that voice. Writing is a bat signal for your people.